Woot Events Social Media Graphic
Or
Join the LAN Party scene!
Anything goes. Vote up threads you enjoy.

#1 : : May 24, 2012. @ 05:20 PM GMT Post Rating: Neutral  

gnat
Website Steam Twitter YouTube
Creator of LAN Party List

What is CISPA and how you can stop it.

stop_cispa.png

What is CISPA?

CISPA (the "Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act") is an Internet monitoring bill being proposed in the United States of America that permits both the Federal government and corporations to attain any and all of your online communications.

This bill circumvents the need for a warrant and grants broad immunity to lawsuits, leaving you powerless to perform legal recourse.

The Internet united to stop SOPA & PIPA. We can stop CISPA too.

Are you an American citizen? Contact your representatives!

While we awkward geeks love email and hyperventilate while calling, most of the time emails just go to the trash bin without anyone even looking into it. CALL THEM!

• Tell them who you are. ("Hi. My name is _. I'm a student/worker/employee with _, and I oppose the the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act [CISPA] which is being passed under Senate Bill S.2105, which would do to the internet what China has done to the internet, censor it and kill the business that goes on over it.")

• Be respectful. The receptionists job usually sucks.

• Be passionate, tell them internet neutrality and freedom are important to you, the economy, and the future.

If you do this enough you may start getting personal letters to you in the mail from your representatives office. You're welcome to call your representatives once a day.

Writing emails does nothing, a respectful phone call about how a representative can gain or lose your vote is huge.

Outside of the USA or looking for additional ways to stop CISPA?

Additional resources:

Never get discouraged, just let your nerdy flourish.

#2 : : June 5, 2012. @ 09:50 AM GMT Post Rating: Neutral  

JimmyRaynor
Nintendo Color TV Game

Re: What is CISPA and how you can stop it.

Nice and to the point.

#3 : : June 9, 2012. @ 04:16 PM GMT Post Rating: Neutral  

Jim Profit

YouTube
Pong

Re: What is CISPA and how you can stop it.

I would defend CISPA if it was worded in a way that pointed the finger at corporations instead of the people. Putting them other the limelight.

I mean after all... corporations are people now, so we should treat them just as badly.

The government already knows everything there is to know about us. This just makes the transition between an investigation/accusation all
the easier. None of that messy right to a fair trial, presumed innocence molarchy!!!

And if that sort of logistics was used against big brands like facebook, google, EA, valve, etc... I'd be all for it. But instead they are the means
to snoop on us. Just what the fuck are we capable of doing compared to those guys?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." --Ephesians 6:12.

Men are fighting phantoms and none the wiser. Actually not really fighting... sort of just laying there while the spirits of evil have their way with them
like a horny dog on a pillow.

Even when they do fight, like me. It's still not really fighting. "More like flailing around angrily."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYpfCrJPry4  <--This is exactly how it feels standing up to this moderator menace. It's not really a joking matter,
but it's like the saying goes; "Life is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think..."

To forget one's purpose is the commonest form of stupidity.
--Friedrich Nietzsche